Chapel of the Holy Cross

Chudčice is dominated by the Chapel of the Holy Cross built in 1996 at the edge of a small patch of woods. The original chapel with the same name used to stand near the crossroads, where a stone cross from 1809 and a statue of St. Jan Nepomuk dating back to 1909 can be found today. The chapel collapsed in 1978 when it was being renovated. The chapel of the Holy Cross used to be situated at the “Delník” crossroads.

There is a stone cross standing on a plinth marked with the year 1809 and a sandstone statue of St. Jan Nepomuk with a white marble plaque which both have been preserved to this day. The chapel collapsed when it was being renovated; two walls were undermined and fell under the weight of the structure.